Coconut-Marshmallow Spiced Sweet Potatoes
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter or coconut oil, plus more for the baking dish
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows or chopped regular marsmallows, cut into small pieces
Return warm potatoes to the saucepan and add brown sugar, butter, ginger, coriander and salt. Place over low heat and mash with a potato masher or large fork until very smooth. Add coconut milk and continue to mash until creamy. (Potatoes can be made to this point up to 3 days ahead; cool, cover and refrigerate, then bring to room temperature before baking.)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 2-quart casserole or 8-inch-square baking dish. Spoon potato mixture into the dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle with coconut and marshmallows. Bake until potatoes are heated through and marshmallows are golden, about 25 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.