- 1 pound firm or extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup soy ginger sauce
- 2 cups dark leafy greens, baby field greens, or spinach
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 (7.1-ounce) jar piquillo peppers, drained
- 4 ounces reduced fat Swiss cheese or soy cheese, thinly sliced (optional)
- 8 thick slices of any hearty whole grain bread of choice
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (optional)
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking. Grill the tofu until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and set aside. In a bowl, toss the greens with the vinaigrette.
Place 4 slices of bread on a cutting board and spread with mayonnaise, if using. Top each slice with tofu, greens, peppers, and cheese, if using. Spread the remaining bread with mustard, if using, and place mustard-side down on the toppings.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.