- 1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup cooked and drained black beans
- Ingredient Options:
- Cayenne pepper, sliced jalapeño pepper or chili powder. Feel free to substitute whole wheat pastry flour for the all-purpose flour.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly before slicing.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.