- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened plain soymilk or other nondairy beverage
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon light white miso
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- Pinch crushed red chile flakes
- 4 cups chopped kale or other dark, leafy green, stems removed
Transfer blended mixture back to the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in kale and continue to cook, tossing often until kale is just tender, about 5 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.