- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked brown basmati rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Stir broth mixture and bay leaves into pot, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally to keep rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot, until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through and creamy, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.