- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups gluten-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (1-pound) bunch asparagus, woody stems snapped off and discarded, spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Carefully transfer soup to blender in batches and purée until smooth. Return soup to pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, whisk in sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with chives and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.