- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons low-fat (1%) milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
Swirl the skillet to coat the sides with some of the oil from the cooking shallots and then add egg mixture. Reduce heat to medium and cook, without stirring, until golden brown on bottom and just firm everywhere except the very middle, 12 to 14 minutes. Scatter chives and paprika over the top and transfer to the oven. Bake until firm, puffed and deep golden brown around the edges and on the bottom, about 10 minutes more. Set aside to let cool for 10 minutes.
Carefully loosen the edges and bottom with a paring knife or small spatula and then slide frittata onto a plate. Cut into wedges and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.