- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/4 pound zucchini and/or summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 large tomato (about 8 ounces), diced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon and/or oregano
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
Arrange zucchini slices in several layers in the prepared dish. In a medium bowl, toss diced tomato with 1 tablespoon of the oil, salt, pepper and herbs. Arrange tomato mixture on top of zucchini. Bake 30 minutes.
Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with feta. Combine bread crumbs and remaining oil; sprinkle over top. Continue to bake about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and bread crumbs are golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.