- 1 large eggplant, about 1 pound
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle or smoked paprika
- Canola spray oil
In a shallow baking dish, combine 1/4 cup water with sugar, vinegar, oil, tamari, paprika and chipotle. Add drained eggplant and let marinate 1 hour, stirring several times.
Preheat the oven to 250°F. Fit 2 racks into 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Oil the racks lightly with spray oil. Place eggplant slices on the racks in a single layer. Bake until eggplant is dry and golden brown, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Let cool before serving. (Eggplant will crisp upon cooling.) Store loosely covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.