- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), peeled and chopped
- 12 ounces button or cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup unsweetened plain almondmilk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 pound whole wheat or other whole grain pasta
Stir in tomato paste and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, broth and pepper and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in almond milk and 2 tablespoons chopped basil.
To serve, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain thoroughly. Serve sauce over pasta and garnish with remaining basil.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.