- 1/4 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 3/4 cup Engine 2 Plant-Strong® Cantina Style Salsa
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Whisk in remaining broth, salsa and tomato paste. Stir in rice and bell pepper and bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat and simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed and rice is just tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve sprinkled with green onions.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.