- 1 (10-ounce) package falafel mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 yellow onion, grated
- Vegetable oil for frying (omit if baking falafel)
- Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pita breads
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
Alternatively, to bake the falafel, preheat the oven to 400°F. Place falafel balls on a lightly-oiled baking sheet. Brush them with oil and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn them and bake 8 to 10 minutes longer, until browned.
Meanwhile, make the tahini yogurt sauce by whisking together yogurt, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Thin with water to obtain a smooth sauce.
Serve warm falafel with sauce, warm pita bread, lettuce, tomato and cucumber.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.