- 1 (2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth, vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
Combine squash mixture, water or broth, butter and cranberries in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add couscous and cover. Take from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in pecans and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.