- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach or kale (about 1/2 large bunch), ribs removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts (or pine nuts)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated ricotta salata or romano cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
Pulse garlic in a food processor until chopped. Add nuts, salt, pepper and about a third of the greens. Pulse, adding remaining greens and basil in batches until finely chopped. With the motor running, slowly add oil.
Toss cooked pasta with cheese and pesto, adjusting the consistency of the mixture with reserved pasta water as needed.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.