- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 1/3 cup sliced or whole almonds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 green onions, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and halved
- 2 pounds medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Arrange shrimp in a wide, shallow dish and spread cilantro paste over them. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until pink and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add lemon juice and salt, and stir a few more times to scrape up any browned bits.
Transfer shrimp to a platter and garnish with reserved cilantro, avocados, and tomatoes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.