- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter, plus more for the baking pan
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
Butter an 8x8-inch baking pan. Place black beans, eggs, butter, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Remove the blade and gently stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until just set in the center. Cool before cutting into squares. Store brownies in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.