- 8 ounces pitted dates
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 whole orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large Fuji or Gala apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
For the filling, place orange, raisins, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds to finely chop the fruit and make some juice. Place sliced apples in a medium bowl and add orange-raisin mixture. Toss to coat completely. Transfer apple-mixture to prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with coconut before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.