- 1 cup warm (105° to 110°F) water
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast (3/4 teaspoons more than 1 [1/4-ounce] package)
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) almond flour
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) potato starch
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Olive spray oil
In a stand mixer with the dough hook attached, combine sorghum flour, almond flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, salt, oil and yeast mixture. Knead on medium-high speed until mixture is well combined, 5 to 7 minutes. (The dough will resemble thick pancake batter.) Cover loosely and let sit in a warm spot until dough is doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with spray oil. Evenly divide dough among the prepared cups (dough will deflate when moved). Bake until rolls are puffed and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately; these rolls are best when warm.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.