- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie shell (in pie pan), thawed 10 minutes
- 2 leeks (about 1 pound), trimmed, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or chives
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add leeks and simmer until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain leeks thoroughly.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, tarragon, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Spread leeks in bottom of crust and dot with goat cheese. Pour egg mixture over the top and bake until puffed in the center and lightly browned, 40 to 50 minutes. Set aside to let cool until warm or serve at room temperature.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.