Green Curry and Tofu Stir-Fry over Noodles
- 12 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 (12-ounce) package firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon plus a pinch fine sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 8 ounces Thai eggplant, quartered, or 1/2 purple eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 2 limes, quartered
Wrap tofu in paper towels, press lightly to remove as much liquid as possible, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and swirl to coat the wok. Sprinkle tofu with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper on all sides. When oil is hot, add the tofu, working batches if needed, and cook, stirring to spread tofu over the surface of the pan, until all sides are slightly, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the hot wok. Add eggplant and sprinkle with remaining pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Transfer to bowl with tofu. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the hot pan and add onion, bell pepper and zucchini. Cook until vegetables begin to brown around the edges, about 8 minutes. Add curry paste and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add reserved tofu and eggplant and return to a simmer. Cook until the vegetables are heated through, about 4 minutes.
Divide cooked rice noodles and cilantro between the four bowls. Top each with some of the coconut-green curry mixture. Allow the hot curry to warm the noodles briefly before serving. Squeeze lime juice into each bowl and serve with the remaining limes on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.