- 2 tablespoons honey or apricot paste (dried apricots soaked in water to soften and blended)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ground black pepper, Pinch of
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled orange or mandarin
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together honey, mustard, vinegar, juice, tarragon, shallot, zest and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside. Grill asparagus until browned and tender, 4 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Separate grilled asparagus into 4 bundles and tie each with chives. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with chopped orange.
Check out more delicious asparagus recipes here!
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.