- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 buffalo strip steaks, each about 12 ounces and 1 1/4 inches thick
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or coarse sea salt, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large sweet or Spanish onions, each cut into 4 slabs
Sprinkle steaks with pink salt and pepper; grill, turning once or twice, until they reach desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare. Brush onion slabs with vinegar mixture and grill alongside steaks, turning occasionally and basting with vinegar mixture, until browned and tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain, transfer to a platter or plates, and surround with the onions. If you like, sprinkle a few more pinches pink salt around edges of plates or platter.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.