- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 serrano chile, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins
- Canola oil, as needed
- 1 small ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut lengthwise into wedges
- 2 yellow-skinned plantains, peeled and thickly sliced
Oil grill grates and preheat grill to medium heat. Drain pork and discard marinade. Grill pork, turning occasionally, until just charred in parts on the outside and cooked through, about 15 minutes; transfer to a platter when done. Brush pineapple and plantains with a bit of oil then grill, flipping once, until deep golden brown and hot throughout, 5 to 8 minutes; transfer to a platter as done.
Cut pork crosswise into medallions then transfer to plates and serve with pineapple and plantains on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.