- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds assorted vegetables (zucchini, yellow summer squash, red and green bell peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes, button or cremini mushrooms), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (zucchini, yellow squash, red and green bell peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking. Thread vegetables and chicken onto skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before assembling.) Discard marinade.
Grill, turning often, until chicken is just cooked through and slightly charred, about 8 minutes. Alternatively, preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange skewers in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until chicken is just cooked through, about 10 minutes, and vegetables are tender. Transfer skewers to a platter and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.