- 1 eggplant
- 1 poblano or red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 cup marinated Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh or smoked mozzarella, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat a grill to medium heat. Grill whole pepper on all sides. Grill eggplant slices on both sides, until tender and slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side.
Oil the garlic cloves and wrap them in foil before roasting them on the grill until soft and aromatic, about 15 minutes. Allow pepper, eggplant, and garlic to cool.
Dice the eggplant, seed and dice the pepper, and slice the tomato into wedges. Gently toss the vegetables with olives, oregano, basil, mozzarella, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Note: The vegetables can be roasted in the oven if preferred. Toss with oil, salt and pepper and roast at 350°F until tender, about 25 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.