- 4 large fresh black Mission or Calimyrna figs
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking, oiling the grill grates as needed. Grill the figs, reserving all of the marinade in the bowl, for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear. Do not overcook as the figs will become too mushy. Trransfer to a plate.
To the reserved marinade, add olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper, whisking well to completely incorporate. Place greens in a large salad bowl. Toss with dressing, then divide among 4 individual serving plates. Place 2 fig halves on each plate of greens and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.