- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 12 ounces strong ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Mango-Serrano Pico
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking, oiling the grill grates as needed. Lightly brush fillets with a bit of the oil, then arrange on the hot grill. Cook about 7 inches over gray flaming coals, flipping once, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side, rotating each fillet a quarter turn after 1 1/2 minutes on each side to create attractive grill marks, if you like. Serve fillets topped with mango-serrano pico.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.