- 1 pound cubed lamb sirloin
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2/3 cup cubed feta cheese
- 4 small Yukon gold potatoes, boiled until tender, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brined capers, drained
- 2/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking. Thread lamb on skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before assembling). Grill, turning occasionally, until medium rare. (Alternately, sear lamb in a large skillet over medium-high heat in two batches until medium rare, 5 to 6 minutes.) Transfer to a plate as done and set aside.
Arrange spinach on 4 plates and top with feta, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, capers and olives. Arrange cooked lamb over spinach. In a small bowl, quickly whisk together remaining 6 tablespoons oil, vinegar, mint, salt and pepper to make a dressing, then drizzle over salad and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.