- 3/4 pound (about 3) firm peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into (1/2-inch) chunks
- 1 small red onion, half thinly sliced, half finely chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 2 whole wheat pitas, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking, oiling the grill grates if necessary. In a large bowl, combine pork, chopped onions, parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon mustard. Form the mixture into 4 patties. Brush patties all over with oil then season with remaining salt and pepper. Grill burgers, flipping once, until deep golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes total.
Divide spinach between pita halves then tuck one burger into each half. Spoon pickled peaches into pitas and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.