- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 8 fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 (6- to 8-ounce) salmon fillets
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking, oiling the grill grates as needed. Brush salmon on both sides with oil. Sear skin side down 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer for medium-rare.
Remove salmon from grill and take butter out of the freezer. Thinly slice one or two medallions of compound butter right though the parchment paper. Peel away the parchment paper and top salmon with the butter. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.