- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Thai chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 pounds skirt steak or sirloin flap, cut in 2 pieces
- 4 cups thinly sliced baby bok choy
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil, sliced
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint, sliced
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro, sliced
Prepare a grill for high-heat cooking or preheat broiler. Remove steak from marinade; place on grill or broiler pan and cook until desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Rest steak 10 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine bok choy, radishes, cucumbers, carrots, basil, mint and cilantro. Toss with reserved lime juice mixture. Spread salad on a large platter and arrange steak over salad.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.