- 2 (12-ounce) strip steaks, each about 1 1/4 inches thick
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons southwestern or Cajun seasoning mix
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin wedges
Transfer steaks to a cutting board and allow to rest 10 minutes. Roughly chop onions, mix with tomato and season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Slice steaks thinly against the grain and serve with the onion salad.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.