- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and halved
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1 (15-ounce) can cooked red kidney beans, drained and rinsed, warmed
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup mild or medium hot salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
In a large bowl, gently toss zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions with oil. Place oiled vegetables on hot grill, 7 inches above gray flaming coals, if using charcoal. Place corn on the cob on grill at the edge of hottest part of grill. Turn vegetables to ensure grill marks on all sides and cook until just until crisp-tender for zucchini, bell peppers and corn and until tomatoes become slightly soft and heated through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat for 3 to 5 minutes, just until warm.
Remove grilled vegetables and slice zucchini, bell peppers and tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Remove corn kernels from cobs and transfer all grilled vegetables to a large platter. Serve fajitas with cilantro, salsa, cheese, and sour cream on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.