- 1 pound tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing tortillas
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded, and cut into thick strips
- 2 yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
- 6 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Preheat grill to medium heat. In a large bowl, mix together oil, chili powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and garlic. Add bell pepper, squash, zucchini, eggplant and onion and toss to coat.
Working in batches, grill vegetables, flipping halfway through, until tender, 5 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to a platter as done. Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with olive oil and grill, flipping once, until just crisp and lightly charred on both sides, about 3 minutes total.
Place one tortilla on each of six plates and top with vegetables, salsa and avocado. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.