Gyro-Style Lamb with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce over Quinoa
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, halved, seeded and grated
- 8 cups cooked quinoa (Learn to Cook: Quinoa)
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
In a bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange quinoa on a platter or individual serving plates. Spoon lamb over quinoa, top with peppers, cucumber-yogurt sauce and remaining oregano and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.