Herb-Rubbed Sirloin Tri-Tip Roast with Root Vegetables
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) sirloin tri-tip beef roast
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 parsnips, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced
Toss carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, celery root, red onion, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a large roasting pan until evenly coated. Roast vegetables 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Push vegetables to outside of roasting pan and place beef in center. Continue to roast until roast has reached desired degree of doneness (130 degrees for medium-rare), 35 to 40 minutes. Note that the meat will continue cooking while it rests after being removed from the oven and the temperature will rise another 5 or 10 degrees. Let roast rest 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegetables and drizzle with any pan juices.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.