- Canola spray oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup rice cracker crumbs
- 1 yellow onion, 1/2 chopped, 1/2 thinly sliced, divided
- 3 carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine beef, cracker crumbs, chopped onion, carrots, egg, 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce, mustard, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine remaining tomato sauce with sugar. Pour over meatloaf and scatter sliced onion over the top.
Arrange the pan on a baking sheet and bake until cooked through and deep golden brown, about 1 hour. Set aside to let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.