- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup roasted red pepper hummus, divided
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, gills removed, caps cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/3-inch planks
- 4 tortillas (preferably whole grain or brown rice)
- 8 ounces baby spinach, lightly steamed and gently squeezed to remove excess liquid (about 1 packed cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick planks
Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium heat cooking. Grill vegetables until browned and tender, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place tortillas on 2 nonstick baking sheets or regular sheet pans covered with parchment paper. Spread each with 1/4 cup of the remaining hummus. Top with spinach, basil and grilled vegetables. You can place the vegetable slices on the pizzas whole for a rustic look, or chop them first for neater cutting. Sprinkle pizzas with pine nuts and black pepper. Bake until edges of tortillas are browned and crisp and pine nuts are golden, about 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.