- 3/4 pound ground lamb
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 5 cups low-sodium beef or vegetable broth
- 3 Russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds total), peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- cayenne pepper, Pinch of
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
Meanwhile, in a large pot, combine broth, potatoes, carrots, tomato paste, cayenne and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes. Add meatballs along with any juices that accumulated on the baking sheet and peas to the pot and simmer a few more minutes. Serve garnished with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.