- 5 tablespoons tamari
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak or flap steak
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
While steak is marinating, toast sesame seeds with ground ginger in a dry skillet over medium heat until lightly golden, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside in a small bowl to cool.
Preheat the grill. When hot, oil the grill. Grill the steak 2-3 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking. Transfer the steak to a platter, cover and let rest for a few minutes to redistribute juices. Slice steak thinly against the grain.
Transfer to a platter. Garnish with sesame seeds and remaining green onions.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.