- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 (1-pound) hanger steaks
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into thick wedges
- 12 large white button mushrooms
- 2 bunches green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prepare a grill for high-heat cooking. Place bell peppers, mushrooms and green onions in a large bowl and toss with salt, pepper and remaining 3 teaspoons sesame oil. Remove steaks from marinade; grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let steak rest on a cutting board 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, grill vegetables, turning them frequently, until nicely browned, about 5 minutes for green onions, 7 to 8 minutes for bell peppers and mushrooms. Slice steak thinly against the grain; serve with the vegetables.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.