- 1/2 pound white ground turkey
- 1/2 pound dark ground turkey
- 6 sundried tomatoes in olive oil, thinly sliced, plus 2 tablespoons olive oil from the jar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 whole wheat buns or rolls, split
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise or your favorite sandwich spread
- 4 green lettuce leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
Form into 4 patties, making an indentation in the middle of each one to help the burgers cook evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking. Grill patties until browned and cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Place buns, cut side down, on grill and toast until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Serve burgers on buns with mayonnaise, lettuce and onion.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.