- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, dill or tarragon)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Splash of white wine or lemon juice
- 2 (6-ounce, 1-inch thick) snapper fillets
- Parchment paper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Lay a 12- to 14-inch piece of parchment paper on a work surface. Fold in half like a book, open and slide one fish fillet inside. As though you're cutting out a Valentine, cut through both paper layers to create a rough half-heart shape around fish, as large as possible. Open the half-heart and top fish with half of the vegetable mixture. Close the "book" and, beginning at the rounded top of the heart, roll up and crinkle the edge toward the fish, working your way around the side of the half heart. When you get to the heart's tip, firmly tuck and twist the end underneath the package. Repeat with second fillet and remaining vegetables.
Bake on a sheet pan until paper is puffy and starting to brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove to serving plates and carefully cut open and serve at the table.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.