- 3 stalks lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 pound barramundi fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Chop all remaining lemongrass (including husks) into 2-inch pieces and place in the bottom of a steaming pot. Add enough water to come just below the bottom of the steaming rack; place over high heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover pot, place barramundi on rack and sprinkle with mushrooms, green onions, ginger and shallot. Cover and steam just until fish is opaque and flakes when tested with a fork, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer fish and vegetables to plates. Drizzle with vinegar mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.