- 1 (12-ounce) boneless, skinless fillet salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen petite green peas
- 3 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water and cook until tender, about 9 minutes. Add peas to the cooking pasta 2 minutes before pasta is done. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and peas and return to the pot. Stir in spinach, dill, lemon juice and fennel seeds and toss until well combined, adding pasta water as needed to moisten. Flake salmon into bite-size pieces and serve over pasta.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.