- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup brown lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
Meanwhile, simmer the lentils in 3 cups water, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Add tomato, onion, garlic, curry powder and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Simmer for 30 minutes more, covered, until lentils are tender. Serve over rice. Top with cashews and a dollop of yogurt.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.