- 1 pound fresh linguine
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 pound fresh clams such as littlenecks (about 32 total)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Meanwhile, in a medium pot bring white wine to a simmer over medium heat. Add bay leaf and garlic, salt and pepper. Add clams and cover the pot. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, shaking the pot from time to time, until all or most clams open. Cover to keep warm.
Discard any clams that have not opened. Add pasta and parsley to clams and toss. Add a little of the reserved pasta water to to moisten the pasta as needed. Drizzle with oil if desired and serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.