- 2 mandarin oranges, such as satsumas or clementines
- 1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely grated unsweetened dried coconut, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Form dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Arrange 2 inches apart on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Dip a flat-bottomed glass in water and then in sugar mixture. Press down firmly on each cookie, re-dipping the glass as needed. Bake until golden brown and just firm, about 15 minutes.
Check out more irresistible cookie recipes!
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.