Marinated Halloumi Cheese Kabobs with Herbs
- 12 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cremini or white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as thyme, oregano, mint and parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Ground black pepper to taste
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking. Thread a mushroom cap onto a 12-inch skewer, then thread on a piece of onion, a piece of bell pepper and a cheese cube. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before assembling.) Repeat with more onion, bell pepper and cheese, ending with another mushroom cap to form each kabob. Repeat with remaining 2 mushroom caps, onion, bell pepper and cheese. Grill kabobs, basting with any remaining marinade and flipping frequently, until lightly browned on the edges, about 10 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.