- 2 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened
- 1/4 fine sea salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, finely sliced (for garnish)
While potatoes are cooking, heat milk and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add pieces of butter.
Drain potatoes, remove skins and return to pot over medium heat. Mash potatoes with a potato masher or fork. Then add garlic-milk mixture and mash until combined well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle mashed potatoes with truffle oil and garnish with chives.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.